Thursday, July 17, 2014

Freebie- Vivian Arend Rocky Mountain Heat

The first book in Arend's Six Pack Ranch series is free. Here's what I had to say about it when I read it:

This is the first entry to this series and this family. So we meet probably all the characters and get quite a bit of background and plot involving them. This story seems to be less about Blake and Jaxi and more about setting up for the rest of the series. And that’s ok, because I don’t think Blake and Jaxi were interesting enough, or compelling enough to be the main attraction. I didn’t dislike the story, but those two didn’t draw me in. More of the focus and interest, in my opinion, was on Travis, Matt, and Gabe. This is a light, mildly entertaining read with no real punch, but read it anyway to get the background you will need for the rest of the series.

Overall I tenjoyed the series, so if a family saga with romance sounds like your cup of tea, pick this up not for Blake & Jaxi's story, but to see if you want to find out more about the rest of the cast.




No comments:

Post a Comment