Saturday, April 11, 2015

ARC Review - The Girl Who Wouldn't Die by Marnie Riches

The Girl Who Wouldn't Die
By Marnie Riches





I received an ARC of this book from the Publisher, via Netgalley, this does not affect my opinion of this book or the content of my review.

"When a bomb explodes at the University of Amsterdam, aspiring criminologist Georgina McKenzie is asked by the police to help flush out the killer.

But the bomb is part of a much bigger, more sinister plot that will have the entire city quaking in fear.

And the killer has a very special part for George to play…"


Theoretically, this should have been right up my alley, thrilling and with a brainy heroine. I mean, there's plenty going on, people blowing up, a serial killer, assaults, kidnappings. But somehow it was just boring and plodding. I didn't care, I felt no urgency. And some of it was because I couldn't care less about the characters. George and Ad fell flat for me, George seemed a little less than advertised, and the villains weren't any more engrossing.

Frankly, I found myself skimming trying to get it over with. I even jumped to the end to see if seeing the ending could inspire some interest (sometimes for me it will), and that wasn't any more successful. There was nothing, so far as I could tell, technically wrong with this book, I just found it uninspiring.

1 Star

No comments:

Post a Comment